As a result of unexpected school closure, students are losing about 12 weeks of academic instruction this year. This special edition of the Summer Learning HeadStart workbook is designed to support learning at home. It offers standards-aligned daily Math, Reading, Vocabulary, & Writing practice to students.
The extended Summer Learning Loss this year is likely to have a huge impact on the progress students make in the 2020-21 academic year. The 2020 Summer Learning Headstart book is the ideal at-home study solution that provides much needed academic support to students. It not only helps students review and retain what they learned during the academic year but also study topics that were not taught in school. The focus of this Special Edition book is to address learning loss that is associated with early school closures and Summer holidays.
This is a fun educational workbook to prevent student learning loss. It helps grade 7 students retain and strengthen their Math & English Language Arts skills and provides a strong foundation for success in 8th grade.
This summer bridge learning workbook includes:
- Daily practice of seventh grade Math & ELA skills. Covers 40+ ELA and 30+ Math standards (lessons with answer keys & explanations)
- Fun and Useful Skill-Building Activities
- Informative articles for students, parents & educators
Includes Access to Online Resources:
- Preview of 8th grade Math and English Language Arts learning standards
- Grade-appropriate Reading Passages
- Vocabulary Enrichment Activities
- A Summer diary tool
- Opportunity to participate in the Lumos Summer Short Story Writing Competition
- Use on a smartphone, tablet or a personal computer to conveniently access the online program
Also Includes access code for
- Parent Account
- Access to student performance reports
- Ability to assign practice questions and resources
- Ability to download and share reports
- Ability to create resource kits
- Teacher Account
- Access to Lumos StepUp™ Basic Account
- Support up to 30 students accounts
- Assign practice and monitor progress
- Access to actionable performance reports
More than 360,000 students and 51,000 teachers in over 25,000 schools use Lumos Learning Study Programs to improve student achievement on standardized tests and also to master necessary Math, ELA, Writing & Reading Skills.
This Lumos Summer HeadStart workbook is also suitable for use in Summer Schools, District Summer Academies, Summer Tutoring, Summer Camps, and Summertime Learning Initiatives.
Estimated delivery time 4 to 6 days
Featured Customer Testimonials
D. Gersich, Parent
"Good summer project for your kiddo. I like that there are just 5 questions for your child to answer each day. In addition, the questions are not so hard that your child is going to be mad that they're having to work in the summer. Plus, the answers & explanations are in the back."
Haley Huebner, Parent
"Let's face it! Most kids are not going to get excited about "learning" in the summer! This book provides just the right amount of daily practice to keep students on the right track while not making them feel bogged down. We found a combination of math & ela standards all in one. Review the past year & preview next year's standards. If students can stay engaged throughout the summer, they already have a jump start on the next school year."
"The book will not only keep your child ahead of the curb but it also makes learning fun.
Estimated Delivery Time 4 to 6 days