As a result of unexpected school closure, students are losing about 12 weeks of academic instruction this year. This special edition of the Summer Learning HeadStart workbook is designed to support learning at home. It offers standards-aligned daily Math, Reading, Vocabulary, and Writing practice to students.
The extended Summer Learning Loss this year is likely to have a huge impact on the progress students make in the 2020-21 academic year. The 2020 Summer Learning Headstart book is the ideal at-home study solution that provides much needed academic support to students. It not only helps students review and retain what they learned during the academic year but also study topics that were not taught in school. The focus of this Special Edition book is to address learning loss that is associated with early school closures and Summer holidays.
This is a fun educational workbook to prevent student learning loss. It helps grade 8 students retain and strengthen their Math & English Language Arts skills and provides a strong foundation for success in 9th grade.
This summer bridge learning workbook includes:
- Daily practice of eighth grade Math and ELA skills. Covers 40+ ELA and 30+ Math standards (lessons with answer keys & explanations)
- Fun and Useful Skill-Building Activities
- Informative articles for students, parents, and educators
Includes Access to Online Resources:
- Preview of High School Math and English Language Arts learning standards
- Grade-appropriate Reading Passages
- Vocabulary Enrichment Activities
- A Summer diary tool
- Opportunity to participate in the Lumos Summer Short Story Writing Competition
- Use on a smartphone, tablet or a personal computer to conveniently access the online program
Also Includes access code for
- Parent Account
- Access to student performance reports
- Ability to assign practice questions and resources
- Ability to download and share reports
- Ability to create resource kits
- Teacher Account
- Access to Lumos StepUp™ Basic Account
- Support up to 30 students accounts
- Assign practice and monitor progress
- Access to actionable performance reports
More than 360,000 students and 51,000 teachers in over 25,000 schools use Lumos Learning Study Programs to improve student achievement on standardized tests and also to master necessary Math, ELA, Writing & Reading Skills.
This Lumos Summer HeadStart workbook is also suitable for use in Summer Schools, District Summer Academies, Summer Tutoring, Summer Camps, and Summertime Learning Initiatives.
Featured Customer Testimonials
Kristen Markovsky, Parent
"This book has been very helpful for my daughter to bridge from 8th to 9th next year, with school being cancelled until May 1, 2020 I feel this book will really help prepare her for next year. Thank you for creating a great book!"
"Love it.. not too hard for my son.. easy to read and the answers in the back of the book.
Heather Stewart, Parent
My daughter is transitioning into 9th grade next year. So far this has been a great help this summer.
Estimated Delivery Time 4 to 6 days